Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Baker's Table

the Baker's Table, European Breads & Foods~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     There's a new bakery in town, and it's loaded with BEAUTiful German loaves, pretzels, rolls, and the like. The Baker's Table has been getting a lot of buzz, even though it's quite young. The shop is filled with yeasty smells, and spicy jams where you get to taste test some very scrumptious, complex creations.
bread is still coming out~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     There are a lot of vegan breads, but the available loaves change daily. The baguette, ciabatta, foccacia, pretzels, all are safe, but the owner speaks English so getting some helpful answers is not an issue. My eyes danced over all the breads, literally squealing in perplexed delight. 
onion foccacia 3,500W~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     What I love the most about bakeries in the morning is grabbing those fresh, warm, crusty loaves, their heat warming your hands as you hold them. I bought a pretzel and an onion foccacia and eagerly wandered home to make a massive sandwich.
     Have you ever whipped something up because your eyes were feasting? I went on a long walk this morning and my body was craving something decadent, and this warm foccacia and onion wafting to my nostrils had me creating an imaginary loaded sandwich. When I got home, I got to work, and created this massive sando...
loaded~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     What is it all? "Bulgogi" tofu steak, chickpea and pea spicy garlic hummus, whole grain mustard, sprouts, lettuce, romaine, and sliced cucumber all stacked on the broiled foccacia with a little balsamic reduction. It was HUGE....is HUGE. I couldn't finish it, so tasty, but simply too much to handle. 
     The foccacia was perfect~ pillowy, crunchy on the outside, the onion was subtle- not overwhelming. And it was generous in size! I have an inkling I'll be running more just so I can eat more of this!
mammoth~ photo taken by VeganBeats
     I foolishly also made a protein packed salad for the side, I know I'm over-doing the tofu, but there was just a bit left from the "steak" so I felt the need to do something about it. The salad was lightly pan-fried tofu in a pepper garlic redux on top of steamed broccoli and more greens. Again...my eyes ate this stuff, without realizing that my stomach can't handle all of this. 
salad yummm (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     I'm already excited for eating this jazz throughout the day (and probably some tomorrow)!

How do you get to The Baker's Table?
Noksapeyong station, line 6, exit 2, walk straight and go through the underground tunnel, take the left staircase. Walk straight and pass Noxa on you right, continue straight towards the overpass and right before the stairs, you'll find The Baker's Table on your right.

3 comments:

  1. This blog is fantastic.
    Going to be such a big help when my sis and her boyfriend come to Seoul.
    Cheers!
    I'd like to see some more of your photography work.
    Do you post it anywhere else? Let me know! (stefan.redpath@gmail.com)
    I don't run a blog (yet) but here is a video I made of a short trip to China three weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2xojdcOcg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words and for reading the blog! Being vegan here has it's struggles but it is completely possible!!
    I haven't posted my photography on anything else besides this and some magazines!
    Wonderful video also, I have a massive spot in my heart for China...sigh^^*!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum! Keep on meaning to head there but always procrastinating. The pics in this blog just makes me want to go now! Goodness me, they look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete