Friday, April 19, 2013

Hummus

     Itaewon has always been a food hub bursting with ethnic eats, cafes, drinking holes, and NEW restaurants.
     The other night I met up with my favorite, Pol for a catch-up date! We stumbled upon a restaurant that JUST opened called "Hummus." My eyes lingered, my heart jumped, and my attention was grabbed.
     How could I avoid anything that has any relation with hummus?  
photo taken by VeganBeats
      The place was very roomy, lots of seats, and their menus were on clipboards. Pol and I glanced over the menu and decided to get a hummus plate. We expected to get an actual plate...what we got was a small cut of hummus, a palm sized piece of pita bread, and three thin celery sticks, three thin carrot sticks, and three small green beans. What gives? Top it off, this "plate" was pricey, too pricey. The menu had hummus everything but is all was very expensive, a salad cost 23,000 원!!!
    The hummus itself though was alright, it was beany and not doused in olive oil (thankfully) but it wasn't great. It needed more spices, garlic, and all around flavor.  
photo taken by VeganBeats
      Considering this is hummus, that's great...I'm glad to see this glorious dip getting attention. But this place is far too expensive and the portions are meager. I don't think I will visit this place or eat here again, unless I have a gift-card or a freebie. I would love for hummus to be shared with everyone who's never eaten it, but in terms of Hummus the restaurant, I can't imagine being content when you get a small portion in exchange for more than 10,000원.
    We were disappointed and decided not to eat there for dinner. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this place unless you want to spend a lot of money and remain hungry. Make your own or buy hummus~

location:
Itaewon station (line 6), walk straight out of exit three for about seven minutes or so,
Hummus is located beneath Thai Orchid.

1 comment:

  1. nice food! haven't eaten hummus in awhile <3

    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete